In today’s fast-paced, data-deluged world, we have only seconds to capture an audience’s attention. What’s more, with audience members representing diverse cultures, learning modalities and personality types, presenters must make like Vaudeville performers at times. The good news is that, as with acting, there are time-honored techniques, which anyone can utilize to improve his or her public speaking. So stop playing the left-brain blame game and come solve the riddle of PERSUASIVE PRESENTATIONS!
This highly interactive session – tips, practice, taping and coaching – will catapult your presentations to the next level. But the key catalyst will be your instinctive internalization of the “self-catch, self-coach, self-correct” perpetual learning method.
Prepare to meet your inner ham! Book your team for PERSUASIVE PRESENTATIONS!
SKILLS YOU WILL HONE:
Five Nonverbal Skills
- Appearance – a/k/a Getups, grooming and get-alongs
- Posture – Your parents were right!
- Gestures – Hand them meaning & mission.
- Eye Contact –Shake eyes & make friends!
- Facial Expressions – Think Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell & Silly Putty.
The Art of Persuasion / Motivation / Calls to Action
Two Verbal Skills
- Vocal Variety – Stretch the impactful instrument of voice!
- Spit Out Your “Um” (and other Annoying Fillers) – Cure the verbal virus!
Four Engaging Techniques
- Increased Audience Involvement – They want to play too!
- Props, PowerPoint, Other Visuals – Learning tools, not sleep aids!
- Effective Q & A Sessions – Don’t short change the conversation.
- Humor – Laughter loosens purse strings!